- What are the active ingredients of Biocleanse™?
- What is the products shelf life?
- Is it safe to use on all surfaces?
- Why is it better than chlorine based products?
- Why is Biocleanse™ more effective than alcohol based products?
- What is the advantage of a combined cleaner and disinfectant?
- What is the effective contact time for Biocleanse™?
What are the active ingredients of Biocleanse™?
Biocleanse™ is based on a Benzalkonium Chloride compound activated with sequestrant and surface active additives - see data sheet for more information.
What is the products shelf life?
Biocleanse™ as supplied in both concentrate and Ready to use forms has a 24 month shelf life. The active component does not break down in storage and, therefore, diluted solutions (5% or above) can be stored for the same period if diluted with clean water and kept free of contamination.
Is it safe to use on all surfaces?
Biocleanse™ is safe to use on stainless steel, glass, ceramics, most plastics and rubbers. Use with caution on alkali sensitive materials such as polycarbonate and aluminium.
Why is it better than chlorine based products?
- Chlorine based products have a strong odour in use.
- Care is needed to match the starting strength of the product used to the dilution required for the task in hand.
- Contact with acids liberates toxic chlorine gas.
- Chlorine based products exhibit no residual activity once the applied solution has dried. The active ingredient in Biocleanse™ remains active on surfaces long after the solution has dried.
- Chlorine solutions can bleach colours and damage surfaces.
Why is Biocleanse™ more effective than alcohol based products?
- Alcohol based products have a strong odour in use.
- Alcohol based products are flammable.
- Alcohol is volatile and will evaporate if left in an open container.
- There is a strong odour from alcohol based preparations.
- Surfaces can be damaged by alcohols, especially plastics.
- Alcohols have limited efficacy as biocides.
- Alcohols provide no residual biocidal activity.
What is the advantage of a combined cleaner and disinfectant?
Because Biocleanse™ penetrates and removes a wide range of contaminants, the active ingredients reach their target more easily, giving a clean and disinfected surface in the minimum possible time.
What is the effective contact time for Biocleanse™?
Because Biocleanse™ is an effective cleaner, most of the pathogens on a surface will be released together with associated contaminants and removed. Any remaining organisms will be deactivated by Biocleanse™ , most within five minutes. Biocleanse™ continues to work as the solution dries and its residual activity helps to inhibit growth from subsequent contamination until the next cleaning operation.